Early this morning, a fire alarm went off in the library, and campus police reported smoke in the building. The fire department and physical plant people responded immediately, and they determined that the source of the problem was a motor on one of our air handling units. They turned this unit off, and everything is okay now. If you are in the library on Saturday or Sunday, you may notice a smoky smell.
You may also notice that it's a bit cold on the two upper floors of the building. The unit that burned out is the one that serves those two floors. With it off, there won't be any heat going to the main floor and the upper floor. The ground floor unit is still working. The physical plant people will get this unit repaired as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.