Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Robert L. Robinson Gets Caught Reading


Photo Credit: Joel Bullock

For our latest installment of Get Caught Reading, we asked Robert L. Robinson, UM Coordinator of Multicultural Student Affairs, the following:

1) What are you reading?

The Autobiography of Medgar Evers, with commentaries by Myrlie Evers-Willams and Manning Marable. I also just finished The Shack by William P. Young. I would highly recommend both books.

2) Why did you choose this book?

Medgar Evers has been a hero of mine since I was a child. I was born and raised in Mississippi and learned about the courage of Medgar Evers and other civil leaders at a very early age. I have always felt that "history" has never given him the recognition he deserves. The Shack was a recommendation from my wife.

3) How do you use your campus library?

I often go there to gather information on or research a specific topic and end up leaving having learned something on multiple topics. The librarians are some of the friendliest and smartest people on campus. It is just a great environment in which to learn.

No comments: