Just inside the library's doors you'll find brochures, books, and other resources designed to educate you, your friends, and your loved ones. All of the brochures are free for you to take and share with friends, and all of the books in the display are available for checkout.
In addition to the materials here in the library, you may consider the following list of organizations, which were compiled by Kassie Doggett of the Counseling and Career Center:
- SafeHouse of Shelby County - www.safehouse.org Crisis Line: (205) 664-SAFE or 1-800 650-6522
- Crisis Center - www.crisiscenterbham.com Rape Response Line: (205) 323-7273 (RAPE) or 1-888-323-7273 (RAPE)
- Alabama Coalition Against Rape - www.acar.org
- Rape Abuse Incest National Network: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization - www.rainn.org
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1 (800) 656-4673 (HOPE)
Related on Carmichael blog: